SPIRITUAL Rx #5 545
For the fifth time, we glance at the Psalms
for instruction, encouragement and medication
for the soul.
1. Psalm 3:5..."I laid me down and slept; I awaked,
for the Lord sustained me"
2. Psalm 23:5... "Thou preparest a table before me
in the presence of mine enemies, thou anointest
my head with oil; my cup runneth over"
3. Psalm 27:5..."For in the time of trouble, he
shall hide me in his pavilion; in the secret of his
tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up
upon a rock"
4. Psalm 30:5... "For his anger endureth for a moment;
in his favor is life; weeping may endure for a night,
but joy cometh in the morning"
5. Psalm 31:5... "Into thine hand I commit my spirit:
thou hast redeemed me, O Lord God of truth"
6. Psalm 67:5... "Let the people praise thee, O God;
Let all the people praise thee"
7. Psalm 71:5... "For thou art my heart, O Lord God,
Thou art my trust from my youth"
8. Psalm 86:5... "For thou Lord art good, and ready
to forgive; and plenteous in mercy unto all them
that call upon thee"
9. Psalm 99:5... "Exalt ye the Lord our God, and
worship at his footstool; for he is holy"
10. Psalm 100:5..."For the Lord is good; his mercy
is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations"
(Written on November 2, 1978)